- On-farm testing to identify the location specificity of agricultural and allied technologies under various farming systems.
- Front Line Demonstrations to establish its production potentials on the farmer’s fields.
- Training of farmers to update their knowledge and skills in modern agricultural technologies and training extension personnel to orient them in the frontier areas of technology development
- To work as resource and knowledge centre of agricultural and allied technologies for supporting initiatives of public, private and voluntary sector for improving the agricultural , animal husbandry and fisheries and Sericulture economy of the district
- In order to create awareness about improved technology, a large number of extension activities will be taken up. The seeds and planting materials produced by the KVKs will also be made available to the farmers.
KVK has six major disciplines viz., Crop Production, Plant Protection, Horticulture, Fisheries, Animal Husbandry, Home Science and Sericulture.